Sunday, January 23, 2011

I had great plans to spend January cleaning my sewing room storage, getting things organized etc but I can't seem to stop sewing long enough to do that. I am still working on the latest Bonnie Hunter mystery from Quiltville.com. There are a lot of small pieces but it is turning out fabulous, I had decided awhile back (probably when we found we had to do 600 HST) that I would make half size which I think will be still quite large. I'm guessing 65 to 70" square but now I am liking it so much I may keep going and then I think it is close to king-size.
It has a number of string blocks which I had so much fun making and love the way they are turning out. They were all made with neutral/light strips and now I am playing with med/dark string blocks and planning quilts I could make.
On top of this I taught my Happy Scrapper Club how to make Pineapple Blossom yesterday, I made 2 blocks while demonstrating so then came home and made 3 more and added another row to my quilt since I hadn't quilted it yet, It is now a more usable size.
So tomorrow I will begin my list of UFO's and try to spend some time tidying(after work).

No comments:

Post a Comment