Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Mystery quilt 2015

I  knew it had been awhile since I posted but when I looked at the last date I couldn't believe it's almost a year, my last post was step 2 of Grand Illusion so first here it is to date:
Top finished but not quilted

I think I have a better picture but can't find it right now.......

It has been a very busy year - Micah is now 13 months old and running everywhere:



He loves to have his picture taken.


Work has been crazy with staff shortages but we are back to full staff and hopefully they all stay for awhile.
Hopefully lots of quilting time over the winter as we are staying close to home this winter. This includes Bonnie Hunters 2015 Mystery quilt which just started Friday. It is based on her trip to Italy last May which I was able to go on with my sister Faye; it was fabulous and I would love to go back. Pictures of Italy in another post.
It was a great group and Bonnie is so much fun, I would go on trip with her or Jim West of Craftours anytime. Would also like to attend a longer class with Bonnie some time.
Here is my first clue completed - I am making half of the units. Possibly a smaller quilt but can always make more pieces later.

Hopefully this is a new beginning in blog posts with a little more frequency.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like that smile means someone loves his time with Grandma! My GI just needs to be quilted too and I'll probably get that done in the Spring. Not doing the newest mystery quilt right now but enjoying watching everyone as they piece away.

    ReplyDelete