Sunday, December 7, 2014

Grand Illusion mystery step 2

I am happy with the progress on this years mystery quilt, I slightly adapted Bonnie's 3rd instruction. I used the accuquilt value die to cut my pink and brown triangles and then sewed them onto the 2 1/2" x 4 1/2" rectangles. I do not get the bonus half square triangles this way but have a pile you will see in the picture below of neutral triangles. I can use these for Wild n Goosey or as corners when string piecing.
The brown triangles ready to sew to rectangle after the pink triangles have been sewn and pressed and then background triangle trimmed ready for pressing.





30 completed of the 50 I need. I am doing half of the units which I think will make an approx 60 " quilt-this is a size that I find very useful.

Here are the completed units; the pieces for the rest of the units and my pile a scrap bonus triangles.      
This is step 2 of Bonnie Hunter's current mystery quilt  :   For more information please see http://quiltville.blogspot.ca/p/grand-illusion-mystery.html




No comments:

Post a Comment