I don't think I have ever finished a clue this quickly. I am only doing half but I hope this is an indication on how the rest of the quilt will go.
This is even with a few mix ups:
1st - I cut about half of the HST and sewed a dozen or so. Decided to make one block to see how it looked and OH NO my HST were all too big. I had used the wrong accucut die and they were 2 1/2 " finished instead of 2". At least they aren't too hard to cut smaller :)
Then I sewed all the pieces together and thought Wow that was fast....I'm done. Why do I have so many yellows and browns left over.....must have got carried away cutting squares. I laid them out to see how they looked and I have 25 - see picture. They are sure pretty but I need 50.
Back to the cutting board and more sewing and TaDa. I love these so far.
Here is all 50 and the extra HST we are to set aside plus there are still a few extra yellows and browns, hopefully we will need these somewhere else in the quilt.
If you don't already know this is the Grand Illusion Mystery Quilt from Quiltville.blogspot.com compliments of Bonnie Hunter.