Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Finally sewing again

Since I arrived home after my quilt retreat my sewing machine has not been turned on until tonite; that's 10 days. I thought I would sew last weekend but dh decided it was time to paint the bathroom which we have been planning to do for quite awhile. He had built a wonderful new cabinet to put in there and we bought a new mirror months ago but we needed to repaint when we removed the old medicine cabinet. It turned out fabulous and I love it.
On Sunday my daughter and son-in-law came to visit with my girl's best friend who was visiting from Alberta. Hadn't seen her for awhile and they just celebrated a significant birthday 3 days apart. Her friend's husband flew her out for the weekend as a birthday present which was fantastic, thanks John.
Anyway back to sewing, after a lot of frogging(rip it rip it) of pieces I sewed together at the retreat. I discovered the center triangle was cut to large and they didn't fit together properly so I have trimmed and finally sewed some back together.
Here is 1 block - I think it will be great.

The foolish man seeks happiness in the distance; the wise grows it under his feet.  ~James Openheim

1 comment:

  1. That's a fantastic block! Congrats to your DD on her milestone birthday!

    ReplyDelete