Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Summer finally arrived




Summer finally arrived and I have been outside and not posting anything, not doing too much sewing either but picking away at things.Still continuing to work on RRCB - the latest mystery from Bonnie Hunter @ Quiltville.com. It is waiting for one more seam across the center and the border which is made except for the corners.










and a scrappy quilt made of string blocks with sashing and 9 patch cornerstones. I have added another row to the side and the bottom since this picture. I will be adding a small border and the small string pieced
blocks all the way around in an attempt to make this queen sized.




I also completed a denim/flannel frayed edge quilt for my daughter that is just waiting for me to wash it, need to take to a commercial washer so the lint doesn't clog my washer (ask me how I know this happens :))
I don't know where my picture went after it was sewn together but this gives you the idea. I will post pictures when washed, turned out great, still my little girl even if she turns 30 soon.



"Slow down and enjoy life. It's not only the scenery you miss by going to fast-you also miss the sense of where you are going and why. " Eddie Cantor


1 comment:

  1. Wow - great quilts - you may have slowed down, but you're still moving faster than I am!

    ReplyDelete