Sunday, November 20, 2011

Quilt 1 done; Quilt 2 almost-great weekend

So among other weekend activities which included making 3 pots of applesauce (=13 jars) I finally completed my dark string quilt with rail fence type sashing and nine patch cornerstones. I added smaller string blocks as the border-will have to take a picture when I get my camera back. It is 92 x 102 and I also got the back made. It is sort of like a large nine patch using up a number of pieces of fabric that have been aging for a long time as well as a couple of newer pieces. I had a great cat print that I hadn't decided what I wanted to use it for. I didn't want to cut it too small and lose the cats so now I have used the whole piece as a portion on the back of quilt that is going on our bed, I thought that was a good solution.
I also have completed my RRCB top; just need to stay stitch around the outside edge and complete the back. Wow it feels great to have that done and I love how it turned out with the pieced border. I will complete that tomorrow night so i can send both of these quilts back to Alberta with my sister-in-law for my niece to quilt as they are too big too fit on my quilting frame. Now I can pre-wash my fabrics and start Orca Bay sometime this week........................can't wait.

Happiness is like a butterfly which, when pursued, is always beyond our grasp, but, if you will sit down quietly, may alight upon you.  ~Nathaniel Hawthorne

1 comment:

  1. wow two are ready to go soon. glad you had a good quilting weekend. I got my orca bay units done today need to get photos and post.

    ReplyDelete