Thursday, July 14, 2011

back to some sewing

After a few very busy weeks with my work we got away camping for a few days which was a much needed break. I have so many tops which need to be finished and a few ready to be quilted, should I be starting something new? Why not?
I could not resist any longer and dug out a kit for an octagon table center that I won somewhere a few years ago, it went together so fast but I really don't need any small table topper and not really my colors so let the fun begin. First I squared it up and added a border and now I have used all the fabric that came with the kit and I want to make it bigger. I found a cream and a pink that go quite well and then the light bulb turned on. The green looks really familiar and I went digging and found that I had bought a half meter of the exact same green print; how lucky could I be. Now to decide what to add; I'm thinking some type of pieced border. I don't have my camera until the weekend when my daughter brings it back but maybe I will have a picture to post by then.

I am little behind on my goal to post a daily happy thought but let's get back to it:


People take different roads seeking fulfillment and happiness. Just because they're not on your road doesn't mean they've gotten lost. ~H. Jackson Browne

No comments:

Post a Comment