Tuesday, April 26, 2011

2 finishes......almost

With organizing well under way I had to take a break and sew some more. Half way through the Bonnie Hunter mystery roll roll cotton boll I got distracted by the string blocks and started making dark string blocks. I was then inspired to sew them together with a pieced sashing as seen on a few blog sites; one being Julie K quilts and one being A Quilt Complex.
Here is a picture as I started
I got 30 blocks made and a few rows completed and went looking for something in my sewing room; can't remember what but an older UFO(can't remember when it began) started yelling at me. So out it came and for a few weeks it has been coming together. Got the center completed last week and then it was supposed to have a 5" plain border with fabric I no longer like so back to the drawing board. And here is what I came up with and I LOVE IT!!!

Finally after finishing the above earlier this evening I decided I better get the rows to the string quilt sewn together........here it is

I really like the way it has turned out and I thought it was done but DH likes it so much he would like it to be Queen size, no problem to make more scrappy string blocks but I have to see if I have enough of my cream sashing.
Feeling very productive so next I better get back to the RRCB mystery, I think I have enough blocks made so now to lay them out and start sewing rows.


  1. What an awesome quilt!!! Love it...very pretty on your bed!

  2. Yours is a wonderful quilt :) Glad to see not everyone used plaids in the sew-along. I don't have many plaids so my quilt will be other fabrics like yours.