Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Mystery quilt - step 3 completed


Here is a picture of what was made with some of those squares and rectangles.
These are not all completed as I am doing some of each step to see how this will turn out. So far its very interesting. Also doing something I haven't done before - as I sew the squares on the rectangles I am sewing 3/8" away from center line and then when you trim you have made 'bonus' half square triangles. I usually toss these cut-off pieces as they go into the cat/dog pillows I make so they are not garbage. This was a proposed idea in the mystery quilt so I thought I would try it for once - they are cute but small. I will have to use them in another quilt but of course Bonnie has some quilts on her site that will use them or they would be great in potholders,etc

No comments:

Post a Comment