Sunday, November 11, 2012

Roll roll cotton boll finished!!!!

Actually finished sewing the binding on this quilt last Saturday but haven't had time to take a picture and get it posted until today. Had 2 full day seminars for work this week with an overnite stay with my sister-in-law and brother-in-law downtown. It was nice to have a 10 minute walk after class rather than an hour drive home and a nicer start to day 2 with the same 10 minute walk back to the conference centre.
Anyway here is my latest quilt finish:

                                         The pieced border turned out fantastic-thanks to Bonnie Hunter that we started it at step 2 of the mystery. If I knew how much work there was in the border I may not have attempted but I will probably not do a plain border without thinking about a pieced one in the future.
 This is a close up of the quilting done by my niece Cathy Tomm - I hope you can see the detail as it is beautiful. There is feathers in all the string blocks and curls and loops in the pieced blocks. I have also taken a picture of the back to showcase the quilting but with the light reflecting not sure if you can really see it.
I have been sorting through projects to see what else I can finish before Bonnie Hunter's next mystery starts is 2 weeks. I pulled out Cathedral Stars (another Bonnie Hunter pattern) and completed half of the blocks. I had all the Jacob's Ladder blocks ready to sew the rows together so they are now done. Now I need to make 30 more star blocks. I have all the pieces ready for 13 of them and all the 4 patches ready for the rest so will keep working at it. 
I just finished trimming a scrappy quilt that is almost ready for the Victoria Hospice so off to put the binding on that and with a bonus day off tomorrow maybe I will get something else finished.

3 comments:

  1. Wow it turned out beautiful. I love your colours. You have inspired me to finish mine - just needs quilted. Great job:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love seeing this quilt in different colorways. Yours is gorgeous! Way to get it done in time for Easy Street!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The binding is done. Thanks for letting me quilt it. I know I plan to quilt my RRCB much the same.

    ReplyDelete